Starting a youtube channel is difficult. An understatement to be sure, perhaps even a statement so obvious that it doesn't warrant stating. The actual creation is simple enough, create a google account, think of a name and a few clicks later you're free to show the world what you have. The tougher part is figuring out what you have.
For years my bestie Tamur and I have been toiling away creating comedic sketches, but due to an ever-changing youtube algorithm, the dream of success seemed out of reach. For a more in-depth retelling of the saga that is The Last Of The Good Ones make sure to subscribe to Wicked Good Everything and soon enough we'll have a show called "Let's Go Viral" where Tamur breaks it all down. (That's called self-promotion and I'm slowly getting better at it)
The general idea behind the new venture is to create a place where fellow nerds can get some news regarding pop culture and video games. The advantage I think we have is an authenticity that can only come with low view counts and a small subscriber base. This isn't to say we don't want to grow, obviously, we would love it if you subscribed. (Even more self-promotion, I think I can get away with another one without coming off as desperate)
The first week has been mostly positive combining live streaming with news updates followed by a long-form podcast style show, has resulted in a solid total for watch time. Which is an important metric when trying to please the youtube gods. People (mostly friends and family) have shown support liking our page on facebook and subscribing to the channel. The next step is to create a positive community surrounding the channel, befriend fellow small youtubers and just try to bring a little bit of entertainment to people.
This step starts with this blog and a new podcast (I know, another white dude with a podcast) but that's news for another day. So, in conclusion, we started a youtube channel and we'll keep grinding trying to produce as much quality content as possible and again we would love it if you took this journey with us. (Told you I'd slip another self-promotion in here before I was done) Thank you so much for reading and you'll be hearing from us real soon.
-Brian
Stuff for you like/subscribe/follow:
Youtube link
Twitter @WGEverything
Facebook


No comments:
Post a Comment