I think many of us were willing to begrudgingly accept that. That was until Todd Howard stepped onto the Microsoft stage during their E3 conference. It was there Howard released a trailer that had to exist solely to give us pause.
This certainly seemed like it could be everything we were told it wasn't. An open world RPG set in the West Virginian wilderness on a map 4 times as big as Fallout 4. This tease had the internet abuzz with hope that maybe Schreier had bad info, maybe this was this generations Fallout: New Vegas. It would only be a few hours later that those hopes would be dashed.
Fallout 76 is an online only survival game. A prequel to the mainline games. It won't be what we hoped it would be and places like Reddit are certainly disappointed.
It doesn't mean this game will be bad, in fact I think it could potentially be really fun. I'll certainly be making content on the beta when that comes out and I'll decide from there whether the full game is worth checking out.
At the end of the day we shouldn't get our hopes up until everything is confirmed. Also we should believe Jason Schreier, that dude knows what he's talking about.
For more E3 coverage make sure you check us out on YouTube. Follow Brian on twitter for more complaints about video games and pop culture.


No comments:
Post a Comment